Virtual Learning Due to COVID-19
Tech Support can be reached in a few ways.
- For basic username needs, reach out to the homeroom teacher.
- For other support, contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call IPS IT at (317) 226-3600
What will virtual learning look like?
What does the schedule look like? What happens if we miss a live lesson?
- Scholars will be required to attend lessons Monday-Friday. There will be a set schedule for Elementary and Middle School students. Each day, teachers will have live lessons and post assignments. If a scholar misses a lesson, they can view the recorded version.
What subjects will my Scholar have?
- During tech pick-up, Scholars will get their schedule. One version will be for those that will be on the daily live lessons and one will be for students that will need to watch the recordings. Regardless, daily assigned work is due on the same day.
Will you all be sending a packet home?
- We will be providing daily ELA and Math lessons K-8, Daily Science and Social Studies lessons 5-8, as well as weekly Music and PE lessons K-8.
How will I know my Scholar’s Progress?
- Absolutely not. All materials that are put in front of our Scholars are the same that they would have if they were on campus. We know that learning from home is hard and different. However, we also know how important it is that high-quality instruction is happening.
- Grades will be posted on PowerSchool which all families have access to. In addition, each Scholar will have a weekly 1 on 1 check-in with a teacher.
What will my Scholar be provided for virtual learning?
What should I do if there is a problem with the device?
- Each Scholar will receive a device for their virtual learning. Kindergarteners will be getting an iPad while students in grades 1-8 will be receiving a ChromeBook.
- All devices will be coming with a backpack. Inside the backpack will be what that individual Scholar needs for virtual learning.
- Grades K-2: Notebooks, ELA Workbook, Access to ELA Texts, Pencils, Paper, Pencil Sharpener, Math Workbook, Phonics Materials, Independent Reading Materials
- Grades 3-4: Notebooks, ELA Workbook, Access to ELA Texts, Pencils, Paper, Pencil Sharpener, Math Workbook, Independent Reading Materials
- Grades 5-8: Notebooks, ELA Workbook, Access to ELA Texts, Pencils, Paper, Pencil Sharpener, Math Workbook, Independent Reading Materials, Science Workbook, Social Studies Materials
What platforms will be used?
- We have a dedicated tech hotline that will be launched during the week of August 10th. This line is managed by our Technology Coordinator who will troubleshoot your issues.
I wasn’t happy with what virtual learning looked like in the Spring. Is this different?
- All Scholars will log into their devices and go to Clever to access what they need for lessons.
- Lessons will be live via Zoom with the link to access the lesson on Google Classroom
- Assignments will be posted on Google Classroom
- Some assignments will direct Scholars to navigate to Clever to access Zearn, Amplify, or Wit & Wisdom.
- We hear you. We have a new leadership team and a mix of new and returning teachers. As a team, we have been spending countless hours working on ensuring 3 key things are true.
- Scholars have a normal and consistent virtual experience
- Learning happens at the highest levels possible
- Our communication to Scholars and their families is clear and consistent
What will options for Breakfast and Lunch look like?
- We will be running our kitchen two days a week for food pick-up.
- On Mondays, families can come to the building between 9 am and noon to get breakfast and lunch for Monday and Tuesday.
- On Wednesdays, families can come to the building between 9 am and noon to get breakfast and lunch for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday.
- More info on this will be posted soon.
What will attendance look like?
Will my Scholar need to be in Uniform?
- Scholar attendance will be tracked daily by using Scholar log-ins and assignment completion.
- Consistent attendance is key to ensuring Scholar success. We will be following the same attendance policies outlined in our Scholar and Family handbook.
But I bought uniforms… What now?
- Nope. However, we do ask that they are fully dressed in clothes that they would go out in public wearing. We will not allow pajamas, tank tops, etc.
My Scholar has an IEP, ILP, or 504 Plan… How will they still get the support they need?
- We have them for you! They are in our Main Office and you can come to pick them up or wait until we return to in-person instruction.
- We remain committed to serving our students with disabilities and our English Language Learners. Students will continue to receive services, supports, and modifications in accordance with their IEPs and 504 plans. Additionally, once school re-opens we will resume initial evaluations and re-evaluations.
Virtual Learning Video Support