Adelante Schools is a non-profit school management organization in Indianapolis, Indiana, building a network of outstanding public schools in the city serving families with students in grades K-8. Our mission is to create joyous neighborhood schools, preparing all scholars to graduate from college and lead lives of leadership and service to Indianapolis. We do this work in unity and solidarity with our families and communities.
We have the pleasure of adding positions mid-year to support our growing enrollment.
We are seeking highly motivated, mission-oriented, reflective applicants to serve as a Bilingual Assistant in a turnaround school setting.
We seek staff that know all children are capable of excellence, who are committed to continuously improving curriculum and instruction, who are hungry for feedback, and who are always looking for ways to more effectively reach and inspire our students every day in the classroom.
We are looking for Bilingual Assistants who, in close partnership with their principal, grade-level teammates, and many others, are eager to do the heavy lifting of identifying skill gaps in their students and filling them—all while teaching grade-level content and inspiring their students to greatness.
The bilingual assistant assists the limited English speaking students in their building with comprehension of academic content, communicates with parents and staff, assists in the enrollment process, provides written and oral translation of required information.
- Provide instruction and assistance in any and all subject areas in which the student is encountering problems.
- Serve as a link between the school and family.
- Serve as an interpreter at any school function or session that requires this service.
- Translate any materials that need to be in the student’s home language.
- Work towards building a positive self-image in bilingual students.
- Help students view their culture and themselves with pride.
- Encourage the classroom teacher to be aware of and sensitive to cultural differences of students
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom
- Proven track record of building relationships with kids in a K-8 setting
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Eagerness for constant observation and feedback
- Desire to grow professionally
- Deeply rooted belief that children are capable of reaching the highest bars we set for them
- Candidates must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree; or sixty (60) semester hours of college credit.
Adelante Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a MacBook, iPhone, email, and all necessary supplies.
Adelante Schools believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community by creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.