Website Adelante Schools
Adelante Schools is a non-profit school management organization in Indianapolis, Indiana, building a network of outstanding public schools in the city serving families with students in grades K-8. Our mission is to create joyous neighborhood schools, preparing all scholars to graduate from college and lead lives of leadership and service to Indianapolis. We do this work in unity and solidarity with our families and communities.
We have the pleasure of adding positions mid-year to support our growing enrollment.
Adelante Schools seeks highly motivated, mission-oriented, reflective applicants to serve as an Instructional Assistant in a turnaround school setting.
We seek staff that knows all children are capable of excellence, who are committed to continuously improving curriculum and instruction, who are hungry for feedback, and who are always looking for ways to more effectively reach and inspire our students every day in the classroom.
We are looking for Instructional Assistants who, in close partnership with their principal, grade-level teammates, and many others, are eager to do the heavy lifting of identifying skill gaps in their students and filling them—all while teaching grade-level content and inspiring their students to greatness.
Works (1/2) of the time with the Director of Operations to create and maintain a positive school academic climate among parents, students, and school staff. This includes operational tasks to ensure that the school is running well and that academic materials are ready for teachers. Works (1/2) of the time with underachieving students to facilitate learning and improve skills in the classroom to accelerate the closing of skill gaps.
- Provides instructional interventions under the direction of a licensed teacher that reinforces reading, language arts and /or mathematics instruction of the classroom teacher.
- Helps prepare students for formal and informal assessments.
- Assists the classroom teachers with the implementation of the school improvement plan.
- Creates and maintains working relationships between parents, students, and school staff including conducting academic workshops and home visits for parents.
- Maintains records of Title I students served and their progress. Assists in the collection and compilation of student, parent, teacher, and community data.
- School duties will require some evening hours, travel throughout the neighborhood, and visiting homes.
- Other duties may be assigned by the Director of Operations as aligned with Title I job description.
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom
- Proven track-record of building relationships with kids in a K-8 setting
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Eagerness for constant observation and feedback
- Desire to grow professionally
- Deeply rooted belief that children are capable of reaching the highest bars we set for them
- Bachelor’s degree is required
Adelante Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a MacBook, iPhone, email, and all necessary supplies.
Adelante Schools believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community by creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.