Technology & Data Manager
School Year 2020-21
Full-time, December 2020 Start
Adelante Schools is a non-profit school management organization in Indianapolis, Indiana, building a network of outstanding public schools in the city serving families with students in grades K-8. Our mission is to create joyous neighborhood schools, preparing all scholars to graduate from college and lead lives of leadership and service to Indianapolis. We do this work in unity and solidarity with our families and communities.
Adelante Schools seeks a highly motivated, mission-oriented, reflective professional to serve as its Technology & Data Manager. The Technology & Data Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the technology at the school runs well and seamlessly for students and staff. They will work actively to promote a successful and reliable technology experience for all stakeholders as the first point of contact for IT support, troubleshooting hardware, software, networking, and printing issues throughout the building. This individual will be responsible for learning all the new and innovative platforms being utilized by students throughout the day and will be responsible for ensuring they run perfectly at all times (and will act urgently to fix it when it doesn’t). The Technology and Data Manager will work in close collaboration with Indianapolis Public Schools’s Technology Team to ensure the technology ecosystem throughout the school is running well and serving all constituents.
Uniquely, Adelante Schools seeks professionals who are dedicated to being on a founding team of a school turnaround effort. We are looking for professionals who, in close partnership with their principal, teacher colleagues, and many others, are eager to do the heavy lifting of identifying skill gaps in their students and filling them—all while teaching grade-level content and inspiring their students to greatness.
- Serves as the first point of contact for IT support in a Help Desk role at the school
- Serve as the primary break/fix contact (note: this role does require the candidate to fix items in house. They would facilitate items getting fixed by an outside vendor.)
- Prioritizes service requests and projects to minimize end-user work interruption
- Responds to and resolves help desk requests in person, by telephone, or via remote support
- Actively seeks creative solutions to existing and anticipated problems
- Makes effective use of help desk request reports to identify patterns, systemic problems, and end-user training needs to help improve service and support
- Collaborates with school leadership regarding potential technology needs, and provides group and one-on-one training tutorials upon request
- Develops and leads professional development opportunities for faculty and staff
- Keeps inventory and manages swaps on 400+ mobile devices such as student Chromebooks, staff laptops, and iPads
- Assists in providing technical curriculum assistance regarding hardware usage, software applications, computer technology, and the general instructional use of technology in the classroom
- Supports faculty in the use of learning management systems, student information systems, and other essential school software
- Help families with log-in issues when school is virtual
- Performs preventative maintenance on technology equipment
- Maintains accurate inventory records for all technology assets using inventory management systems
- Communicates and coordinates with external service providers
- Supports printers and copiers and coordinates with external managed support providers as needed
- Creates documentation for intra- and extra-departmental processes and communication
- Maintains orderly and secure storage and work areas
- Provides A/V setup and support for events, sometimes outside of normal school hours
Data & Assessment
- In coordination with the Director of Operations, coordinates and oversees all district-wide assessments, including ILEARN, district benchmark exams, and other mandated assessments.
- Manages student information database system (PowerSchool) and generates reports as needed.
- Manage input and maintenance of a variety of key data platforms, including ClearSight, NWEA/MAP, and IDOE.
- Collaborate with school leadership to collect, analyze, and distribute student data aligned to key organizational metrics
- Produce accurate, reliable, and high-quality academic data reports/dashboards
- Works with the Director of Operations to ensure that there is a robust data reporting dashboard that analyzes various types of data.
- Creates data presentations and roll-ups of core school data and responds to the needs of school leaders.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, a related field
- Experience in a school environment and a keen understanding of a school’s needs
- Experience with Google Apps
- Knowledge of Excel or similar applications for creating Pivot tables/manipulating data and creating graphs and charts.
- Baseline experience with data visualization.
- Three to five years’ experience in a mixed platform environment including but not limited to: Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS, and other instructional technology hardware and software. Network support, Student Information System and LMS (Cortex, Illuminate, Tableau, Clever), Audio/Visual, and telephone system experience desired
- Must be able to do a baseline diagnosis of issues with Macs, PCs, and peripherals (such as printers and scanners)
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Strong organizational skills; extremely careful attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Exceptional ability to bridge and enhance cooperative working relationships
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
- Has a strong sense of personal responsibility and is self-motivated to accomplish all tasks that will improve student achievement
- Is urgent and responds quickly to school data and systems in need of change
- Enjoys problem-solving and is solutions-oriented
- Is extremely reflective and constantly wants to improve
- Is flexible and enjoys dealing with unpredictability
- Is able to have and handle genuine conversations with others (including teachers, families, and scholars)
- Is timely and well-organized
Adelante Schools offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, and all necessary supplies.
Adelante Schools believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community by creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.